“I’m satisfied with our current provider, but I’ll call you if anything changes.” Sound familiar?
Productive Prospecting training provides reps with proven tactics for researching and qualifying prospects while creating and building sales momentum, even with prospects who are difficult to see and/or say they’re satisfied with their current vendor. With sales people contacting them every day, it’s understandable that some companies and individual decision makers develop an “auto response” designed to turn even the most persistent sales rep away. All of us are “buyers” of something and have likely used this defensive technique ourselves.
Successful prospecting begins with preparation and approach. Unfortunately, this is exactly where many reps stumble. During training, reps learn how to prepare for a uniquely different approach that significantly increases the probability of speaking with a key stakeholder and developing some initial interest. Proven techniques for getting beyond receptionists, screeners, voicemail, and auto-attendant systems are also introduced during this intense training program, which concludes with reps making live teleprospecting calls to their own prospects.
Video and audio components support individual and group classroom exercises. Reinforcement training is available and always recommended.
What Your Reps Will Learn
- How the three key outcome drivers (message, people, and frequency) impact the prospecting process
- How to prepare for a uniquely different approach customized to your rep’s selling environment
- Techniques for handling screeners, voicemail, and other obstacles
- How to use web-based and intra-company research to gain initial interest and involvement
- Developing non-threatening strategic call openings
- How to replace body language in a faceless environment when teleprospecting
- Techniques for listening effectively
- How to fully qualify and properly rate an opportunity
- How to effectively use email and other web-based media