The person you hired to develop a new territory interviewed well and received glowing reviews from all professional references. Unfortunately, you discovered too late that this rep was very good at retaining customers, but not so hot at prospecting and acquiring new customers. How did you miss that?
Hiring to Win training teaches sales managers a proprietary process for hiring the right person for the job the first time. Participants learn how to develop a Pre-Hire Questionnaire that helps them to evaluate an applicant’s responses and identify strengths and weaknesses in various critical selling activities. Questionnaire responses will also expose any of the major “lost sales patterns” that would need to be addressed if the applicant were hired.
Course participants will learn how to develop a list of interviewing questions that include “how would you handle it” scenarios based on actual challenges a rep would face if hired. Interviewing techniques taught are designed to create and maintain a friendly atmosphere, making it comfortable for both the candidate and the manager/interviewer to communicate expectations and concerns to each other. These techniques are perfected during role-play exercises with video playback reviews.
Reinforcement training is always recommended.
What Course Participants Will Learn
- The most common pre-hire mistakes and how to avoid them
- How to develop a Standards of Performance for the job function
- How to match required skillsets to the job function
- How to develop a Success Checklist
- Interviewing questions you can and can’t ask
- How to develop a Pre-Hire Questionnaire and how to use it
- What you can learn about the candidate from questionnaire responses
- Questions you should ask during the interview and how to ask them
- Body language — how to read it
- When and how to make an offer
- When and how to negotiate issues related to the offer
- The most common post-hire mistakes and how to avoid them